Friends of Puerto Rico is seeking a Social Media Coordinator. This is a good opportunity to support marketing efforts online of a non-profit organization helping Puerto Rico based in Washington, DC. One of the key responsibilities is to lead and manage the social media channels and develop storytelling from and graphic design.
The Social Media Coordinator will administer Friends of Puerto Rico social media and digital marketing activities and is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future partners. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into supporters.
● Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
● Curate and create visual design for our social media channels: Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, Newsletters and Twitter
Job Qualifications and Skills:
● Exceptional communication skills both in English and Spanish (desired)
● Basic knowledge of social media, marketing and visual design
Compensation: Based on experience
Job location: Remote or 1101 30th Street NW Suite 500, Washington, DC
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com with Social Media Coordinator as the subject, and a single pdf document including the following:
– Cover letter, explaining why you want this job and what makes you well-suited to the position (please, show some personality)
– Resume + Linkedin Profile, Portfolio (if any), 1 reference
Washington, D.C. Network
We are located in the heart of historic Georgetown. We host events throughout Washington, D.C. and other states, affording you the opportunity to grow your network of mentors and sponsors, which is essential to your professional development.
You will have the opportunity to travel to Puerto Rico. In addition, there is a likelihood that you will have the opportunity to travel with our President to other cities. Our interns have traveled to San Francisco and Miami, among others. See what one of our interns had to say about her first assignment at the Facebook Communities Summit in California, here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Friends of Puerto Rico is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations,gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.