Friends of Puerto Rico is seeking a competent Project Manager to manage different projects from inception to completion. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and ensuring timely completion of projects. Since its inception, its network has lead on some of the most innovative and exciting initiatives that have helped rebuild Puerto Rico, and we are looking for an organized and driven individual to help maintain internal systems. The ideal candidate we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, working with senior staff, and providing oversight on a variety of projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading projects from initial scope planning to completion. The Project Manager must be able to lead and manage a diverse team that is geographically distributed. The Project Manager must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define project’s scope and available resources.
- Crea ate concise plan and timeline for project completion.
- Assign responsibilities to team members as needed, monitor process and make adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Ensure that projects are carried within budget.
- Provide updates to senior staff regarding project progress.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is a plus (in Business or other related field)
- Certification in Project Management a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Powerpoint)
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Experience in social and community work is a plus
The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave ethically - Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Ability to build relationships - Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate effectively - Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques with the team.
- Creativity and innovation - Develop new and unique ways to improve the operations of the organization and to create new opportunities and activities according our goals and principles.
- Foster teamwork - Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead - Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make decisions - Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize - Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Planification - Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems - Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com with Volunteer Project Manager as the subject, and a single pdf document including the following:
- Cover letter, explaining why you want this job and what makes you well-suited to the position (please, show some personality)
- Resume + Linkedin Profile, References